Subscribe to get the latest from us in your inbox!
These foods are champions when it comes to helping athletes sustain quality training:
1. Avocado – tasty alternative to butter or margarine as a sandwich spread or a snack on its own. Avocado contains 17 vitamins and minerals including vitamins A, C, E and all B vitamins except B12. In potassium, it’s second among plant foods only to Bananas!
2. Nuts – Great source of protein, fibre and healthy fats. Pecans & Walnuts are high in Omega-3 fats. Brazil nuts are high in selenium which may help protect against cancer, depression and Alzheimer’s.
3. Bananas – High in potassium and carbohydrates – the preferred fuel for muscles, blood and brain before and after exercise.
4. Salmon – High in protein and Omega-3 fats. Herring, Sardines and Mackerel also offer quality fish oils. Omega 3s may also have anti-inflammatory effects.
5. Chicken (skin off) – Excellent source of protein for growth and repair and development of the muscles. Red meat and eggs are also a great source of protein for those building muscles.
6. Creamed Rice – Excellent and tasty source of carbohydrates for quality training and a top desert.
7. Skim milk powder – Cheap source of whey protein – mix with milk and banana or other flavourings.
8. Garlic – Might just help you reduce the chance of catching a cold.
9. Ginger – Its antioxidants support immunity and ginger is also great for digestion and has an anti-inflammatory affect, to assist recovery.
No related posts.